Are you guilty of a breakfast rut? I certainly am. I rotate between Kodiak cakes and bacon or Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted English muffins with ham and cheese. And that’s pretty much it. And while I love those two breakfasts its good to mix it up nutritionally every once in a while. That’s where these breakfast quesadillas come in…. they’re easy, clean, use some of my favorite breakfast foods, but totally mix it up at the same time.
2 whole wheat tortillas
3 slices of bacon (uncured preferably)
2 oz cheese, diced (I use pepperjack or chipotle cheddar for a little kick)
seasonings- I use pepper, salt and garlic powder
1. Cook the bacon in a skillet. Set aside on a paper towel to allow it to drain.
2. Carefully wipe the extra bacon grease out of your skillet. Leave just a little coating to cook your eggs in.
3. Crack your eggs into a separate bowl and whisk with a fork. Add your seasonings. I never measure these, but just add a shake of each.
4. Scramble the eggs in the same skillet. Don’t overcook these, since they will cook a little more once you assemble your quesadilla.
5. While your eggs are scrambling, chop your bacon and add it to the eggs.
6. Once the egg and bacon mixture is cooked, set it aside.
7. Place your tortillas in the skillet, add half the egg and bacon mixture to each and top with half of the cheese and fold over. Cook these until the tortillas are slightly browned and the cheese is melted.
I love mine dipped in a little salsa to cool down the pepper jack cheese kick.
What’s your go-to breakfast?