First recipe of 2015! I’m so excited to post this one, because its both easy and comforting. I love lasagna, but its a lot of work! This version you can just throw in the slow cooker, walk away and have delicious lasagna a few hours later. My kind of recipe. Plus it makes amazing leftovers.
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
28 oz tomato sauce
2 tsp Italian seasoning
pinch of salt
8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
15 oz ricotta
12 oz whole wheat lasagna noodles (my favorite)
1. Add the onion to a skillet with a little olive oil over medium heat and cook until translucent
2. Add garlic and cook briefly
3. Add ground beef and cook through. Drain.
4. Add tomato sauce and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning. Leave over low heat
5. Mix mozzarella, ricotta and Italian seasoning in a separate bowl.
6. Spray crockpot with olive oil spray
7. Spoon 1/4 of the meat sauce on the bottom of the crockpot.
8. Top with 1/3 of the uncooked noodles, breaking as necessary
9. Spoon 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles
10. Repeat twice and top with the remaining meat sauce
11. Cook on low for 4-6 hours until noodles are soft