One of the keys to keeping up with clean eating is to have a few meals on hand in the freezer for when you don’t have time to cook. I love these mini pizzas for lunch or a quick dinner. Since these are individually wrapped, its easy to grab one from the freezer and pop it in the oven. Add a big salad and you’ve got an easy ten minute dinner!
Clean mini freezer pizzas
1 cup and 3 tbsp. hot water
1 tbsp active yeast
1 tsp honey
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
Marinara or pizza sauce
Meat and/or veggies of choice
Grated mozzarella cheese
1. Add hot water to a bowl and sprinkle yeast over it. Stir to dissolve
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
3. Dump bowl contents onto a floured surface and knead briefly until dough is a smooth ball.
4. Divide into 6 pieces.
5. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten into a circle with a rolling pin.
6. Place rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a pizza pan sprayed with olive oil.
7. Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Hopefully yours will be circle and not awkward triangle-like shapes like mine
9. Once cool, place each round on a square of aluminum foil. Top each round with about two large spoonfuls of marinara sauce or clean pizza sauce of your choice. Add toppings of your choice and top with grated cheese.
10. Place a piece of parchment paper over the top of the pizza so that the foil will not touch the sauce when wrapped up.
11. Place wrapped pizza in a large ziploc bag and freeze until ready to bake. About six of these will stack well in a gallon bag.
When you’re ready to bake, remove from the foil and place directly on the oven rack. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Dough recipe adapted from Money Saving Mom