I realized its been a long time since I’ve posted a recipe. I’ve been sticking to a lot of standards lately. But my husband mentioned he wanted to make enchiladas, so I dug out the family cookbook and converted that recipe to clean.
Clean Beef and Bean Enchiladas
2 cans clean enchilada sauce (I used a half batch of Gracious Pantry’s clean enchilada sauce)
1 lb ground beef
1 can clean refried beans (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
1/2 lb grated cheese (I used Monterrey Jack. Its preferable to grate your own to avoid anti-caking additives)
10 corn tortillas
1. If you’re making your own enchilada sauce, make first, then set aside.
2. Brown the ground beef. Drain and mix in the can of beans. Add about 3/4 cup of the enchilada sauce to the beef and bean mixture.
3. Spread a layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
4. Fill each tortilla with a large spoonful of the beef, bean and sauce mixture, roll and place in the pan seam down.
5. Cover with the remainder of the sauce.
5. Cover with cheese.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.